The Boyce Thompson Institute was founded in 1912 and was in operation in North Yonkers until 1978 when it was absorbed into Cornell University and was moved up to Ithaca. The institute's main purpose was to do experiments on plants. Many important discoveries were made here. Now the building and the greenhouses connected to it are abandoned.
The other day we were driving in Executive Park and were about to pull up to Dunkin Donuts when we noticed a few creatures milling about near the entrance.